Warehouse Assistant / Forklift Driver
OES Warehouse (Laredo, TX)
This position performs daily warehouse operations. Must maintain forklift operator credentials and attend all required warehouse safety training.
Note: This position is based in Laredo, TX.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Verify and ensure the accuracy of all shipments being staged and loaded onto trailers for shipment.
- Coordinate and dispatch all shipments leaving the warehouse including intercompany and intracompany shipments.
- Ensure that proper restaging procedures are followed for all palletized goods stored in the warehouse.
- Update and monitor the warehouse management and shipment systems to ensure that the information in the system accurately reflects shipment and inventory information.
- Complete picking and dispatch process for pick to order shipments.
- Maintain Forklift Certification credential.
- Load, unload, pack, and unpack materials.
- Label and sort incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Relocate items within the warehouse or factory.
- Load pallets onto and off shipping trucks as required.
- Operate a forklift used for transporting or shipping materials.
- Track inventory of incoming and outgoing items.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous waste materials if necessary.
- Stage loaded pallets for shipment.
- Rework and rebuild pallets of product as needed.
- Set up and take down trailer dock board as needed.
- Complete the bulk receiving and shipping process.
- Complete Bill of Lading verification process ensuring the Bill of Lading matches the staged loads before loading onto truck(s).
- Shrink wrap pallets as needed.
- Load and/or unload boxes by hand and/or pallet jack, as needed.
- Perform cycle counts, as needed.
- Fill customer orders, as needed.
- Perform other warehouse duties needed to ensure a clean and safe working environment and facility. Champion forklift safety throughout the warehouse and with peers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical Capability
- Computer Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Heightened Awareness of Safety Precautions
- Organizational Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Data Entry Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Critical Thinking Skills
This position supervises the forklift driver operator and production personnel as needed.
This job operates in a warehouse environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. This position may require long hours and could entail weekend work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Occasional bending, stooping, reaching, reaching above and below shoulder level, twist and work with computer equipment. May involve lifting up to 30 pounds. Ability to identify and distinguish colors, ability to see distance and up close with or without corrective lenses. Must be able to stand, for long periods, without leaving the work area. Must be able to push and pull items as needed/required. Ability to walk considerable distances during the course of his/her work.
Desired Education & Experience
- Desired associate degree.
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 2 (two) years’ previous experience in warehouse setting.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have current forklift certification.
- Must have advanced experience in forklift operation.
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- Inventory Management
- Documentation Skills
- Detailed Data Entry
- Time Management
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.