- Networking: Support IP networks to include switch and router configuration and troubleshooting. Must be familiar with subnets, VLANs, and DHCP/DNS.
- Security: Secure all computer systems and networks from viruses, malware, user access, or malicious access through the use of firewalls, protocols, standards, access controls, and monitoring.
- Microsoft Windows Server: Will manage existing Active Directory on user and group administration, group policy, and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Windows Desktop: Manage and maintain Windows installation, configuration, and user issues, including Microsoft Office Products.
- Email: Will administer the Microsoft Exchange users and groups, system services, highly available clusters, upgrades, and replication.
- Virtualization: Support VMware installation and configuration; maintain highly available operating systems.
- SQL: Will manage installation and configuration of highly available SQL clusters. (Does not require DBA SQL level skills.)
- General: Required to maintain knowledge awareness of constant new or emerging technology in order to determine implementations and integration of opportunities with cross platform technologies.
- Technical Capability
- Strategic Thinking
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organizational skills
This position is not a supervisory role.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel may be expected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Occasional bending, stooping, reaching, reaching above and below shoulder level, twist and work with computer equipment. May involve lifting up to 30 pounds of equipment. Ability to identify and distinguish colors, ability to see distance and up close with or without corrective lenses. Must be able to sit, for long periods, without leaving the work area. Must be able to push and pull items as needed/required. Ability to walk considerable distances during the course of his/her work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree with 3 years’ experience or 7 years related field experience.
Solid technical knowledge and experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry.
- Active Directory 2008 R2 or Higher
- Windows 7 installation or Higher
- Microsoft Office 2010 or higher/365
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 or higher
- VMware 5.5 or higher experience
- SQL 2012 or Higher
Leadership: A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
Strategy and Planning: An ability to think ahead and plan over a 12-24 month time span.
Management: An ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
Information systems development and implementation.
Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
Employee training and development.
Strong customer orientation.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
High performance teams and a strong team player.
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
- Security+ certification or equivalent preferred.
- PowerShell knowledge and experience desired.
- High-level knowledge of backup systems and technologies needed.
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- System conversion experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.