Corporate (San Antonio, TX)
This role provides support in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting department. Responsibilities for this role include accessing financial & accounting records, finance reports, tax returns, and more. Ideal candidates for this position should be self-motivated and possess strong communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to efficiently manage deadlines.
- Prepare and maintain financial records in company ERP system (Great Plains)
- Monthly expense recording, analysis, and reconciliation
- Payable transaction entry to selected entities
- AR transaction entries/invoices into ERP system
- Coding of transactions to proper general ledger accounts
- Manage employee credit card charges
- Assist with preparation of cash flow
- Manage and assist with Inventory data to ensure accurate invoicing records.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to Corporate Controller.
- Prepare special project analyses and additional assignments for senior management.
- Maintain the Fixed Assets and associated depreciation schedules on the FAS Software System; provide monthly detail to Corporate Controller for general journal entries; ensure proper recording of new purchases and asset disposals.
- Provide year end support to auditor’s requirements for the annual audits, which may include research and reconciliation of previous year data and supporting documents.
- Communicate and coordinate with other members of the accounting team.
- Other duties, as assigned by manager.
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains experience preferred
- Ethical Conduct
- Strategic Thinking
- Continuous Improvement
- Data Management
There is no supervisory responsibility in this role.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position may require some after-hours work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to answer and talk on the phone displaying professionalism at all times. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Desired Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience preferred. Knowledge and experience with ERP Systems required. Knowledge and experience with Great Plains ERP system preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.