Corporate (San Antonio, TX)
This role provides support in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting department. Responsibilities for this role include accessing financial & accounting records, finance reports, tax returns, and more. Ideal candidates for this position should be self-motivated and possess strong communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to efficiently manage deadlines.
Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Strong bookkeeping skills
- Intermediate level skills in Excel, MS Office, and Great Plains (preferred)
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- General ledger entries
- Highly skilled in bank reconciliations
- Highly proficient in working with sub ledgers, aging reports, trail balance, general ledger
- Attention to detail
- Must maintain current, accurate records
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate and work with diverse workforce
- Detail oriented and deadline driven
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Assist with monthly reporting packages for both internal and external distribution
- Assist with the annual financial audit, including interim work, by preparing schedules and any supporting documentation requested by the auditors
- Perform miscellaneous administrative tasks, and other ad hoc tasks as requested by senior leadership of OES
- Assist in the reconciliation of monthly vendor statements, research and resolve any discrepancies
- Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified
- Other duties, tasks, and special projects as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performance Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Contract Knowledge
- Inventory Knowledge
- Time Management
- Process Management
- GL Account Analysis
- Month-end and year-end closing processes
Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains experience
There is no supervisory responsibility in this role.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position may require long hours and occasional weekend work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to answer and talk on the phone displaying professionalism at all times. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Desired Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent number of years of experience, plus 3-5 years of years of work experience and/or training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.