Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Work with transportation companies on best practices and procedures for the shipping of customer products.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of operations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation by keeping track of quality, quantity, inventory levels, delivery times, and efficiency of shipment processes
- Report and escalate issues to management as needed and develop/implement processes to minimize risks
- Direct, optimize, and coordinate full order cycle and coordinate the reporting/analysis of physical inventories
- Problem analysis via monitoring, reporting, and resolving monthly shortages, overages, damages, expired goods, etc.
- Recommend Improvements for efficiency and resolve any arising issues or complaints that require a broad-based analysis to determine solutions
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets
- Measure operation performance using appropriate systems, tools, techniques, and KPIs
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Recommend updates to inventory and warehousing-related quality work instructions
- Supervise, coach, discipline, and train operation workforce
- Set and communicate clear expectations for team members regarding expected productivity results
- Provide safety instruction to subordinates as needed and/or required
- Assess current work force requirements based on capability, experience, work load, and expected results
- Promote continual improvements in material movement, inventory accuracy, safety, utilization of software systems for day-to-day activities, and employee development, and the utilization of software systems for day-to-day activities
- Assign work, meet completion deadlines, and ensure consistent application of software systems
- Comply with laws, regulations, organization policies, EHS, and ISO requirements
- Monitor the cleanliness and working conditions of assigned facilities and equipment.
- Assist in ensuring the security of the facility as well as its environment, employees, and contents
- Technical Capability
- Strategic Thinking
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organizational skills
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of all employees therein.
This job operates in a warehouse setting and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. This role also includes occasional forklift operation.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Workdays are Monday through Friday, with work hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel may be expected.
This role operates primarily in a standard warehouse setting with extensive contact and frequent interruptions. The physical demands required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job include the following:
- Standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time; occasionally stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and twisting
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling light to moderate amounts of weight
- Operating office equipment requiring repetitive hand motion and fine coordination, including the use of a computer keyboard
- Possible travel to other locations
- Verbal communication skills
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or related field; previous experience in related field may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Five plus years of experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Inventory Control practices and systems
- Broad knowledge of methods and procedures in the various distribution center functions
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics’ Great Plains
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.