Senior Warehouse Manager
The Senior Warehouse Manager is responsible for the overall management of OES warehouse operations, as well as personnel, shipping, receiving, inventory, and materials management. Additional responsibilities include certain communications between carriers, suppliers, other warehouses, internal parties, and possibly the US Customs Agency.
Note: This position is based in Laredo, TX.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Work with transportation companies on best practices and procedures for the shipping of customer products.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of operations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation by keeping track of quality, quantity, inventory levels, delivery times, and efficiency of shipment processes
- Report and escalate issues to management as needed and develop/implement processes to minimize risks
- Direct, optimize, and coordinate full order cycle and coordinate the reporting/analysis of physical inventories
- Problem analysis via monitoring, reporting, and resolving monthly shortages, overages, damages, expired goods, etc.
- Recommend Improvements for efficiency and resolve any arising issues or complaints that require a broad-based analysis to determine solutions
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets
- Measure operation performance using appropriate systems, tools, techniques, and KPIs
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Recommend updates to inventory and warehousing-related quality work instructions
- Supervise, coach, discipline, and train operation workforce
- Set and communicate clear expectations for team members regarding expected productivity results
- Provide safety instruction to subordinates as needed and/or required
- Assess current work force requirements based on capability, experience, work load, and expected results
- Promote continual improvements in material movement, inventory accuracy, safety, utilization of software systems for day-to-day activities, and employee development, and the utilization of software systems for day-to-day activities
- Assign work, meet completion deadlines, and ensure consistent application of software systems
- Comply with laws, regulations, organization policies, EHS, and ISO requirements
- Monitor the cleanliness and working conditions of assigned facilities and equipment.
- Assist in ensuring the security of the facility as well as its environment, employees, and contents
- Technical Capability
- Strategic Thinking
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organizational skills
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of all employees therein.
This job operates in a warehouse setting and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. This role also includes occasional forklift operation.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Workdays are Monday through Friday, with work hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel may be expected.
This role operates primarily in a standard warehouse setting with extensive contact and frequent interruptions. The physical demands required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job include the following:
- Standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time; occasionally stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and twisting
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling light to moderate amounts of weight
- Operating office equipment requiring repetitive hand motion and fine coordination, including the use of a computer keyboard
- Possible travel to other locations
- Verbal communication skills
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or related field; previous experience in related field may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Five plus years of experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Inventory Control practices and systems
- Broad knowledge of methods and procedures in the various distribution center functions
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics’ Great Plains
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.