Corporate (San Antonio, TX)
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the coordination and management of OES’s purchasing activities, including demand planning, purchasing, supplier management, and inventory management.
Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Purchasing Process Management:
· Develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, profitability, and efficiency of procurement processes.
· Develop and maintain processes and procedures in compliance with integrated management system.
· Drive the development and achievement of KPIs in the Procurement department to ensure operations meet the strategic needs of the company and customers.
· Review and update purchasing practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
· Assists in P&L reporting and analysis, in accordance with OES standards and in partnership with the Finance and Accounting department.
· Coordinate and ensure synchronization with Operation-Mexico Materials Management team to ensure corporate purchasing goals are being met.
· Manage and coordinate the onboarding of new vendors and materials.
· Utilize demand planning and risk mitigation techniques for all suppliers to ensure effective continuity of supply chain and achievement of on-time delivery metrics to our customers.
· Collaborate with the Sales, Finance, and Operations teams in purchase planning processes.
· Evaluate past performance data and customer demands to forecast and fulfill material needs required for production schedules.
· Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, and new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material management and production flow.
· Negotiate and contract suppliers to ensure competitiveness and cost effectiveness in the marketplace.
· Manage suppliers to ensure they achieve quality, delivery, and cost metrics that ensure the company meets the needs of our customers.
· Develop and implement a comprehensive supplier quality scorecard/measurement process and review schedules to ensure suppliers have appropriate manufacturing capability, capacity, and quality and are meeting or exceeding company expectations.
· Maintain ERP data to support purchasing, receiving, pricing, and inventory management.
· Coordinate with sales and operations team to implement price changes and ensure continued profitability of services and products.
· Manage inventory of raw materials, components and finished goods to support on-time delivery metrics while meeting working capital goals.
Sustainability and Improvement:
· Contribute to and promote a culture of continuous improvement utilizing Lean principles (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Material Flow, Visual Management, Root Cause Problem Solving, etc.).
· Identify opportunities for improvement of environmental sustainability within areas of responsibility with a focus on minimizing waste, reducing emissions, recycling, and disposing of materials responsibly.
- Technical Capability
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Strategic Thinking
This position does not have any management responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours and days of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position periodically requires long hours and or weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of area and overnight travel may be expected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Occasional bending, stooping, reaching, reaching above and below shoulder level, twist, and work with computer equipment. May involve lifting up to 30 pounds of equipment. Ability to identify and distinguish colors, ability to see distance and up close with or without corrective lenses. Must be able to sit for long periods, without leaving the work area. Must be able to push and pull items as needed/required. Ability to walk considerable distances during his/her work.
Desired Education & Experience
- BS/BA in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years strategic purchasing experience.
- Leadership: Ability to delegate and manage tasks assigned to independent reports (i.e., cross departmental team members and suppliers).
- Strategy and planning: Ability to plan over a 6–12-month time span.
- Management: Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and resolution at both the strategic and functional level.
- Experience in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
- Language: Bilingual Spanish and English, preferred but not required.
- Microsoft Great Plains or other ERP, inventory management software knowledge and experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.