Corporate HQ (San Antonio, TX)
The Purchasing Assistant receives, and reviews purchase requisitions for materials and services, coordinating the timely processing and delivery of material from processor to customer: both internal and external. This position also manages core processes, ensuring transactions are completed through a seamless process from order entry through invoice payment.
Prepares and releases purchase orders, reviewing specifications, delivery address and pricing.
- Manages purchase orders, overseeing shipping schedules and maintaining purchase records.
- Monitors and expedites purchase orders advising personnel on projected delivery dates.
- Ensures accurate receipt of items through ERP systems and reconciles errors in the process.
- Purchases products/items via credit card and maintains and reconciles all necessary documentation.
- Maintains small parcel delivery records for alternative delivery points.
- Manages the quotation, qualification and verification process with vendors for existing and new items.
- Possesses full knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
- Generates required weekly supply chain reports for Director’s review.
- Provides purchasing planning/data by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
- Ensures ERP system and all purchasing and vendor records are up to date and correct to include vendor, item, pricing, etc.
- Manages and maintains procurement data through sorting and filing purchasing documents.
- Financial Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Strategic Planning
- Data Analysis
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and scanners.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Desired Education & Experience
Associates Degree or equivalent work experience in lieu of education.
Minimum of (1) years of purchasing related experience or demonstrated abilities.
ERP and MRP experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel , PPT)
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- Bi-Lingual English / Spanish
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.