- Adhere to purchasing policies, processes, and procedures
- Responsible for sourcing of services, raw and indirect materials (international and domestic) using a defined strategic sourcing process
- Use knowledge of material work planning methodology and engineering processes and procedures to coordinate timely product deliveries
- Negotiate best vendor terms, pricing, and delivery timing based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Request quotes, analyze and negotiate vendor pricing
- Manage ERP system item induction process
- Review and enter data into the ERP system (i.e. purchase orders, vendors, etc.)
- Work with Inventory/Warehouse personnel to ensure supplier conformity and resolve delivery issues
- Manage and develop the MRP process (demand planning) for local raw material purchases
- Determine the delivery dates of material via forecasting to minimize shortages
- Work closely with QA Manager to maintain Supplier Quality performance
- Coordinate contract interpretation and facilitation with Strategic Sourcing and Contracting Directors
- Develop reporting and analysis as required by management
- All additional duties, as assigned
- Technical Capability
- Financial Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an office environment within a production facility/warehouse. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to perform essential job functions.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift items/materials up to 40 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Five years of Procurement and Sourcing experience in Mexico
- Bilingual (Fluent English/Spanish)
- ERP and MRP experience
- MS Office Suite Proficiency
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- APICS Certification or Certified Purchasing Workshops
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Knowledge a plus
- Advanced or Expert knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- ISO Familiarity
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.