Corporate (San Antonio, TX)
Responsibilities for Project Manager include participating in leading, planning, organizing, staffing, and monitoring of activities, as well as ensuring the completion of programs/projects on time and at targeted cost. He/she will also assist divisional leaders in designing operational strategies, developing and presenting project plans for approval, and following through by measuring results against targeted goal(s). Finally, the Project Manager will participate in the development of action plans for all assigned initiatives to include assisting with the establishment of annual goals and objectives associated with achieving successful outcomes.
- Manage the full cycle of the OES business plan as it relates to production, fulfillment, cross-dock, and increasing transportation revenue
- Conduct weekly synchronization meeting(s), and effectively communicate topics and meeting minutes to all attendees
- Assess operational strengths and weaknesses and develop program for improvements
- Establishing measurable objectives for evaluating projects from start to finish
- Utilize timely cost build up process to capture scope creep and ensure billing for all services is completed
- Effectively communicate with all VPs to ensure successful and efficient project(s) management
- Assist with establishing a monthly budget to ensure operation within (or under) approved budget
- Monitor and analyze all budgeted project expenditures on a monthly basis, including overhead
- Conduct monthly reviews of project(s) and justify variances as well as address any discrepancies
- Develop timelines for projects/programs
- Collect, analyze, and report project performance data on a weekly basis
- Report evaluation findings to the VP of Operations and recommend changes to enhance the program
- Use Microsoft project or similar tool(s) to maintain visibility to projects/programs
- Produce and review performance indicators with VP and facility Directors and Managers
- Execute and manage all approved plans for divisional initiatives and site realignments
- Immediately notify the VP of Operations regarding issues/projects/problems that will lead to a delay or failure of mission
- Drive cost improvement and efficiencies by identifying system improvements, optimizing resources, and square footage utilization
- Discuss and align with procurement on raw materials, inventory requirements, and levels for all projects
- Define project requirements (timeline, budget, equipment, materials, facilities, & resources) by functional requirements
- Promptly notify supervisor of any legal and/or safety issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Time Management Skills
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours and days of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. At times, this position requires long hours and some weekend work. Travel is to be expected.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to present, discuss, and negotiate.
- This position frequently requires standing and walking while inspecting our distribution facilities.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, or Logistics, or equivalent
- Project Management Professional Certification
- 5 years’ experience working with production, fulfillment, warehousing, transportation, and results-oriented operations
- Experience working with Quality Management Systems