Programmer - 1099
Corporate HQ (San Antonio, TX)
Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging, and installing to support our organization's business applications. Gathers requirements from users and creates specifications and develops code. Designs and writes codes to support existing application. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Application Development & Lifecycle Maintenance - Create multi-tiered business applications to support the requirements of OpTech Enterprise Solutions and its customers and clients. These applications are primarily web-based and utilize the ASP.NET C# MVC framework as a development platform. Depending on customer requirements, applications may be developed using the ASP.NET Visual Basic WebForms framework or Classic ASP. Maintain applications developed by OpTech Enterprise Solutions. This involves implementing changes to the design or functionality of existing applications based on customer requests or by directions from the company’s internal Operations team. Utilize Version-Control tools and practices during application development.
Database Administration - Create databases to provide a back-end data storage solution for OpTech Enterprise Solutions developed applications. Databases are developed on the Microsoft SQL Server platform and hosted on dedicated servers that are independent of their associated application. Maintain databases developed by OpTech Enterprise Solutions. This involves implementing changes to the design of existing databases based on customer requests or by directions from the company’s internal Operations team. Database design changes are usually in response to an application change request. Implement modifications to database elements in order to increase performance. This is especially important on large Data Stores and legacy systems. Such procedures include (but not limited to): implementation/alteration of table indexes and Primary Keys, creation/modification of Stored Procedures and Views and data archiving. Relocate databases to other servers when existing server is being decommissioned or repurposed.
· Project Management Support - Management of requirement changes during the development cycle. Participation in User Acceptance Testing. The UAT (Beta Testing) phase involves selecting one or more users that will assess the application and provide feedback regarding their findings. Initial assessment includes (but not limited to): expected functionality, business logic and validations. Deployment of applications to Live Production Environments. Website files are published to a production-level IIS server and databases are published to a production-level SQL Server.
· Customer Support - Provide support for customers, clients and internal employees of the OpTech Enterprise Solutions. This typically includes business day support for customers & clients and 24/7 support for internal employees (Operations team as well as corporate employees). Issue-oriented support includes the troubleshooting and resolution of technology-based issues such as: application accessibility, performance and user account management (password lockouts, etc.). Third-part applications such as Citrix and Great Plains are supported in addition to OES developed applications. Assist the Operations team with work processes when an application solution is unavailable. Database information that is required by the Operations team may need to be manually entered/updated while an application solution is being developed, or when an application may be offline (maintenance, accessibility issues, etc.).
· Server Administration- Install and configure Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server on newly commissioned servers. Web servers (IIS) must also have the latest version of MVC and the .NET framework installed before they can host modern, web-based applications. Create shared network folders. This allows files to be hosted in a central repository and shared among designated users within the OpTech Enterprise Solutions network. Create public FTP site on IIS Server and configure for segregated user access. FTP sites are created and managed using the server’s default IIS installation. User security is configured for segregated access to prevent FTP users from accessing content other than their own.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and job responsibilities and is comprised of an annual salary plus benefits.
Required Educational Background:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Required Work Experience:
· At least 5 years of experience in related field
Bilingual Preferred (English/Spanish)
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
▪ Frequent computer use at workstation up to two hours at a time.
▪ Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to access the computer to perform program tests.
Note: This Job Description may not describe all of the job responsibilities and standards assigned to this position. They may change upon review and at management’s discretion.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.