- Manages payroll processing and timekeeping to ensure employee understanding of and compliance with company policies and practices.
- Calculates timesheets, verifying available time off, data entry, running of appropriate reports and distribution of the payroll to the employees.
- Manages the preparation and distribution of hourly and salaried payrolls for single or multiple locations to ensure employees receive timely and accurate payments.
- Answer all employees' questions concerning the payroll and individual paystubs.
- Oversees the withholding of federal, state and local taxes, Social Security contributions, contribution to employee benefit programs, and other deductions to ensure proper government reporting and compliance.
- Reviews additions and changes to the computerized payroll system such as changes in salary, benefits, or tax withholding to ensure records are accurate and current.
- Oversees any irregular payments such as bonus payments to ensure adherence to company budget guidelines.
- Manages the compilation and filing of required reports for relevant government agencies, insurance carriers, other companies and individual employees to meet government and other reporting requirements.
- Serves as liaison with other departments, units, or locations to resolve payroll issues and concerns in accordance with company guidelines.
- Calculation of variabilities, registration, cancellation and modifications in the IDSE system.
- Make sure that time and attendance data and other payroll interfaces are correct.
- · Excellent customer service to Mexican operating units and corporate finance, ensuring all reporting deadlines are achieved and accounting policies and practices adhered to.
- Knowledge of internal controls and corporate accounting policies and practices.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting or related field preferred
- 2-4 Years of related experience in Mexican Payroll processing.
- Experience working with payroll and tax laws & forms
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software: Contpaq, Fortia and TRESS payroll systems preferred
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience using the SUA program and employees annual tax return calculations
- Bilingual English/Spanish 60%
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good communication skills to interact with employees and senior management
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- High legal and ethical standards
- Able to maintain a focus on continuous process improvement
- Excellent customer service in a demanding work environment.