Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Annually review and make recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel and environmental health and safety (EHS) matters.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, OSHA requirements, Mexico Nominas, Mexican labor law, and employment legislation and ensures organization’s compliance.
- Maintain responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel and EHS matters.
- Communicate changes in the organization's personnel and EHS policies and procedures and ensures organizational compliance.
- Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program, employee appraisal program, staff development program and health and safety training program.
- Analyze safety and environmental incidents and report any trends to senior leadership. Prepare detailed reports that include test results, observations, determined safety concerns, and plans to resolve those concerns.
- Prepare and submit yearly regulatory reports of environmental and safety metrics.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environmental safety and health practices to ensure compliance with organization and ISO specific standards, as well as, federal, state and Mexican NOM regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with managers, supervisors and staff to institute safety practices and incident prevention programs.
- Oversee development and distribution of safety communications addressing accidents, lessons learned and other safety-related topics.
- Develop and maintain a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Assist operations with adequate resourcing to secure necessary temp staff placement, as needed.
- Coordinate or conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters and insurance claims.
- Prepare and oversee internal and external compliance audits. Work closely with Broker & ISO Team to continually audit and edit company’s integrated quality management system.
- Supervise the staff of the human resource and EHS department.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Plan and maintain departmental budget accounting for all HR and EHS requirements.
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Ethical Practice
- HR Expertise
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
This position manages all employees of the HR department and is responsible for the hiring and performance management of all employees therein.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
Desired Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree and four to 10 years’ related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- Master’s Degree.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential