Corporate (San Antonio, TX)
The HR Manager is responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resources and environmental health and safety function within OES. Additional responsibilities include recruiting, employee training and relations, establishing and maintaining health and safety requirements, performance management, employee benefits and organizational development.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Annually review and make recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel and environmental health and safety (EHS) matters.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, OSHA requirements, Mexico Nominas, Mexican labor law, and employment legislation and ensures organization’s compliance.
- Maintain responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel and EHS matters.
- Communicate changes in the organization's personnel and EHS policies and procedures and ensures organizational compliance.
- Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program, employee appraisal program, staff development program and health and safety training program.
- Analyze safety and environmental incidents and report any trends to senior leadership. Prepare detailed reports that include test results, observations, determined safety concerns, and plans to resolve those concerns.
- Prepare and submit yearly regulatory reports of environmental and safety metrics.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environmental safety and health practices to ensure compliance with organization and ISO specific standards, as well as, federal, state and Mexican NOM regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with managers, supervisors and staff to institute safety practices and incident prevention programs.
- Oversee development and distribution of safety communications addressing accidents, lessons learned and other safety-related topics.
- Develop and maintain a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Assist operations with adequate resourcing to secure necessary temp staff placement, as needed.
- Coordinate or conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters and insurance claims.
- Prepare and oversee internal and external compliance audits. Work closely with Broker & ISO Team to continually audit and edit company’s integrated quality management system.
- Supervise the staff of the human resource and EHS department.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Plan and maintain departmental budget accounting for all HR and EHS requirements.
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Ethical Practice
- HR Expertise
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
This position manages all employees of the HR department and is responsible for the hiring and performance management of all employees therein.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
Desired Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree and four to 10 years’ related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- Master’s Degree.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential