Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
Responsibilities for this position include assisting the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager in the annual review, preparation, and administration of the organization's health and safety training program. The EHS Specialist is also responsible for ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, and Local Safety and Health regulations.
- Compliance with all Federal, State, and Local Safety and Health regulations.
- Assist EHS Manager in the annual review, preparation, and administration of the organization's health and safety training program.
- Maintains all required compliance documentation, conducts all safety compliance training, and assures implementation of compliance with the Mexican regulations and Safety Management System.
- Serves as an active member of the Workers Compensation Program of IMSS.
- Analyze safety and environmental incidents and report any trends to EHS Manager. Assist Manager in preparing reports that include test results, observations, safety concerns, and plans to resolve those concerns.
- Assist Manager in preparing yearly regulatory reports of environmental and safety metrics.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environmental safety and health practices to ensure compliance with organization and ISO specific standards, as well as Mexican NOM regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with EHS Manager, supervisors, and staff to institute safety best practices and incident prevention programs, as needed.
- Assist Manager with overseeing the development and distribution of safety communications addressing accidents, lessons learned, and other safety-related topics.
- Promotes communication, training, and awareness to help build a workforce familiar with “behavioral safety” to promote a zero-injury culture.
- Conducts required safety training and assists in implementing proactive programs to mitigate employee injuries and illnesses.
- Conducts work-related injury interviews and fact data gathering with all parties involved, including video as requested.
- Conducts facility inspects, daily, monthly, and quarterly as required.
- Consult with EHS Manager and others on all personnel injury or health related claims to coordinate plan of action on every claim.
- Prepare and oversee internal and external compliance audits. Work closely with Team to continually audit and edit company’s integrated quality management system.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Plan and maintain departmental budget accounting for all EHS requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical Capability
- Strategic Thinking
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organizational Skills
This position manages all employees of the HR department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of employees therein.
This job operates in a professional office environment and requires the routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is regularly required to speak and/or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and arms to finger, handle, feel, and reach.
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to answer and talk on the phone while displaying professionalism at all times.
- Some physical lifting and moving of storage boxes (weighing up to 15 pounds) may also be necessary.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of EHS experience
- 90% Bilingual
- Extensive knowledge of IMSS, NOMS and ISO 14001, 18001, 45001.
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.