- Compliance with all Federal, State, and Local Safety and Health regulations.
- Assist EHS Manager in the annual review, preparation, and administration of the organization's health and safety training program.
- Maintains all required compliance documentation, conducts all safety compliance training, and assures implementation of compliance with the Mexican regulations and Safety Management System.
- Serves as an active member of the Workers Compensation Program of IMSS.
- Analyze safety and environmental incidents and report any trends to EHS Manager. Assist Manager in preparing reports that include test results, observations, safety concerns, and plans to resolve those concerns.
- Assist Manager in preparing yearly regulatory reports of environmental and safety metrics.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environmental safety and health practices to ensure compliance with organization and ISO specific standards, as well as Mexican NOM regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with EHS Manager, supervisors, and staff to institute safety best practices and incident prevention programs, as needed.
- Assist Manager with overseeing the development and distribution of safety communications addressing accidents, lessons learned, and other safety-related topics.
- Promotes communication, training, and awareness to help build a workforce familiar with “behavioral safety” to promote a zero-injury culture.
- Conducts required safety training and assists in implementing proactive programs to mitigate employee injuries and illnesses.
- Conducts work-related injury interviews and fact data gathering with all parties involved, including video as requested.
- Conducts facility inspects, daily, monthly, and quarterly as required.
- Consult with EHS Manager and others on all personnel injury or health related claims to coordinate plan of action on every claim.
- Prepare and oversee internal and external compliance audits. Work closely with Team to continually audit and edit company’s integrated quality management system.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Plan and maintain departmental budget accounting for all EHS requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical Capability
- Strategic Thinking
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organizational Skills
This position manages all employees of the HR department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of employees therein.
This job operates in a professional office environment and requires the routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is regularly required to speak and/or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and arms to finger, handle, feel, and reach.
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to answer and talk on the phone while displaying professionalism at all times.
- Some physical lifting and moving of storage boxes (weighing up to 15 pounds) may also be necessary.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of EHS experience
- 90% Bilingual
- Extensive knowledge of IMSS, NOMS and ISO 14001, 18001, 45001.
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.