- Directly manages all production and associated supporting functions.
- General management and oversight of all maquila functions supporting production operations.
- Facilitates P&L reporting and analysis, in accordance with OES standards.
- Drive the development and achievement of KPIs to ensure all production and associated supporting functions meet the strategic and productivity needs of the company and customers.
- Key leadership role in the monthly closing, budgeting and mid and long-term financial forecasting process in collaboration with the US Controller.
- Collaborates and partners with Divisional Leadership Teams, Directors and Branch Managers to ensure P&L and Productivity objectives are met.
- Facilitates critical discussions and debriefs to establish priorities and resolve issues.
- Serves as liaison with customer maintaining communication and reporting as needed for all companywide production operations in the US and Mexico.
- Manages the Mexico operations to meet financial targets, business objectives, and establish operational priorities.
- Maintains oversight of operational compliance with Mexico laws and regulations.
- Ensures all facility operations are compliant with local laws, regulations, EHS and quality certification standards as applicable.
- Ownership of branch compliance to corporate standards and procedures
- Lead the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, and new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material management, logistics and production flow.
- Collaborates and Coordinates with support leadership teams (Warehouse, Transportation, Quality, HR, Finance, Shipping, IMMEX, QA, IT/IS, US Warehousing) to support consistent communication, training, issue resolution, and process adherence across all branch operations.
Coordinates with Supply Chain, HR and Finance team to ensure the ability to meet production needs.
- Works with internal teams to build and implement processes for continuous improvement of critical operational metrics across all areas of responsibility.
- Coach, direct, and promote a culture of continuous improvement utilizing Lean principles (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Material Flow, Visual Management, Root Cause Problem Solving, etc.) with team members and peers.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of environmental sustainability within areas of responsibility with a focus on minimizing waste, converting wastes to by-products, recycling and disposing of materials responsibly.
- Select, coach, and develop staff while setting clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manage performance-- recognizing achievement, providing feedback, and administering progressive discipline when necessary.
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication
- Comfortable presenting in person and via digital meeting platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment and handle multiple tasks concurrently with minimum defects
- Ability to bring structure to complex environments
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish required
This position manages all employees in Operations and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a production facility environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.