Director of Operations
Corporate (San Antonio, TX)
The Director of Operations is responsible for OES’s Operations in Mexico. The Director of Operations is accountable for the P&L, including the individual P&L performance at the branch level. This position involves daily interaction with the executive leadership within OES.
The position requires a strong leader who can drive and manage performance measured by the P&L, quality, and metrics. The position also requires an individual who is able to manage policies and procedures that ensure an efficient, customer focused, high performing logistics business in Mexico.
The Director of Operations will work in close partnership with the CEO, Divisional Leadership Teams and Branch Managers to develop, communicate, implement plans for operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and drive towards financial and operational growth targets. The Director of Operations sponsors organizational policies and ensures all branches have business plans, processes and procedures that comply with OES’s operating standards.
- Directly manages all production and associated supporting functions.
- General management and oversight of all maquila functions supporting production operations.
- Facilitates P&L reporting and analysis, in accordance with OES standards.
- Drive the development and achievement of KPIs to ensure all production and associated supporting functions meet the strategic and productivity needs of the company and customers.
- Key leadership role in the monthly closing, budgeting and mid and long-term financial forecasting process in collaboration with the US Controller.
- Collaborates and partners with Divisional Leadership Teams, Directors and Branch Managers to ensure P&L and Productivity objectives are met.
- Facilitates critical discussions and debriefs to establish priorities and resolve issues.
- Serves as liaison with customer maintaining communication and reporting as needed for all companywide production operations in the US and Mexico.
- Manages the Mexico operations to meet financial targets, business objectives, and establish operational priorities.
- Maintains oversight of operational compliance with Mexico laws and regulations.
- Ensures all facility operations are compliant with local laws, regulations, EHS and quality certification standards as applicable.
- Ownership of branch compliance to corporate standards and procedures
- Lead the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, and new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material management, logistics and production flow.
- Collaborates and Coordinates with support leadership teams (Warehouse, Transportation, Quality, HR, Finance, Shipping, IMMEX, QA, IT/IS, US Warehousing) to support consistent communication, training, issue resolution, and process adherence across all branch operations.
Coordinates with Supply Chain, HR and Finance team to ensure the ability to meet production needs.
- Works with internal teams to build and implement processes for continuous improvement of critical operational metrics across all areas of responsibility.
- Coach, direct, and promote a culture of continuous improvement utilizing Lean principles (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Material Flow, Visual Management, Root Cause Problem Solving, etc.) with team members and peers.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of environmental sustainability within areas of responsibility with a focus on minimizing waste, converting wastes to by-products, recycling and disposing of materials responsibly.
- Select, coach, and develop staff while setting clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manage performance-- recognizing achievement, providing feedback, and administering progressive discipline when necessary.
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication
- Comfortable presenting in person and via digital meeting platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment and handle multiple tasks concurrently with minimum defects
- Ability to bring structure to complex environments
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish required
This position manages all employees in Operations and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a production facility environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.