Director of Operations
Corporate (San Antonio, TX)
The Director of Operations is responsible for OES’s Operations in the US and Mexico, which is comprised of four operational branches. Our lines of business include reverse logistics, forward logistics, warehousing, fulfillment, transportation, and testing services. The Director of Operations is accountable for the P&L, including the individual P&L performance at the branch level. This position is based in OES’s headquarters facility in San Antonio, TX and involves daily interaction with the executive leadership within OES.
The position requires a strong leader who can drive and manage performance measured by the P&L, quality, and metrics. The position also requires an individual who is able to manage policies and procedures that ensure an efficient, customer focused, high performing logistics business in the US and Mexico.
The Director of Operations will work in close partnership with the CEO, Divisional Leadership Teams and Branch Managers to develop, communicate, implement plans for operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and drive towards financial and operational growth targets. The Director of Operations sponsors organizational policies and ensures all branches have business plans, processes and procedures that comply with OES’s operating standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Directly manages branch operations in US and Mexico
- Facilitates P&L reporting and analysis, in accordance with OES standards
- Key leadership role in the monthly closing, budgeting and mid and long-term financial forecasting process in collaboration with the VP of Finance and Accounting
- Collaborates and partners with Divisional Leadership Teams, Directors and Branch Managers to ensure P&L objectives are met
- Facilitates critical discussions and debriefs to establish priorities and resolve issues
- Manages the US and Mexico operations to meet financial targets, business objectives, and establish operational priorities
- · Maintains oversight of Mexico operation’s compliance with Mexico laws and regulations
- Ensures all facility operations are compliant with local laws, regulations, EHS and quality certification standards as applicable.
- Ownership of branch compliance to corporate standards and procedures
- Collaborates and Partners with HR, Risk Management and Safety Leadership Teams to support consistent communications, training, and adherence across all Branch Operations and resolves all issues
- Works with internal teams to build and implement processes for continuous improvement of critical operational metrics across all areas of responsibility
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication
- Comfortable presenting in person and via WebEx
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment and handle multiple tasks concurrently with minimum defects
- Ability to bring structure to complex environments
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred
This position manages all employees in Operations and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
- Travel is local and international. Overnight travel is expected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management or similar field.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in Business Operations
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working in leadership positions within a fast-growing service focused organization, preferably in the technical and logistics service industries
- Strong financial analysis skills; thorough understanding of company P&L and profitability measures
- Ability to travel within US and Mexico is required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.