Controller - MX Operations
Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
The Controller for Mexico Operations reports to the OES Corporate Headquarters Controller, and is responsible for financial preparations and analysis, as well as overseeing the financial accounting practices, procedures, and records for our operations in Mexico.
- Prepare financial analysis and reporting for payroll, pricing, and production
- Maintain and classify all inventory items
- Support and maintain audit of all fixed assets
- Monthly reporting requirements related to fixed assets, depreciation, adjustments, write offs, reconciliations, acquisitions, etc
- Create, maintain and support budget calculations and allocations by department
- Accounts payable oversight, data entry, reconciliation, general ledger updates, validations, etc.
- Supervision of all accounting functions and processes
- Technical Capability
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Team Player
- Organizational skills
This position is responsible for the supervision of others.
This job operates in a plant/warehouse environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel may be expected.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasional bending, stooping, reaching, reaching above and below shoulder level, twist and work with computer equipment. May involve lifting up to 30 pounds of equipment. Ability to identify and distinguish colors, ability to see distance and up close with or without corrective lenses. Must be able to sit, for long periods, without leaving the work area. Must be able to push and pull items as needed/required. Ability to walk considerable distances during the course of his/her work.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing & management.
- CPA Certified (or equivalent for Mexico)
- 90% Bilingual
- MS Office Suite
Beneficial Skills & Experience
Master’s degree in relevant field.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.