Corporate (San Antonio, TX)
The Controller is responsible for leading OES’s Finance and Accounting Department and overseeing the company’s financial accounting practices, procedures, and records. This position is also responsible for OES’s financial planning and analysis, which includes interpreting operating results, ensuring adequate internal accounting controls are in place to safeguard the company’s assets and resources, and participating in the development and implementation of the company’s business and financial strategy. This position is based in OES’s headquarters facility in San Antonio, TX and involves daily interaction with the executive leadership within OES.
This position requires a strong leader who can coordinate OES’s cash management, financing, and budget management functions and ensure generally accepted accounting principles and standards are in place. The Controller will report to the CEO and work in close partnership with the Executive Management Team to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization.
- Manage the timely preparation of financial reports, including monthly, quarterly and annual financial operating reports and monthly review with Senior Management.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all financial information.
- Ensure financial reports are in compliance with company financial policies and GAAP.
- Assign duties, develop and train staff to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial transactions and reporting.
- Develop analytical reporting tools to assist the decision-making capacity of company management.
- Coordinate budget and operational planning activities.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Ensure the proper management of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Ensure accuracy of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Oversee all banking requirements.
- Oversee payroll function including deductions, reporting and journal entries.
Internal Financial Controls
- Responsible for the development and effective implementation of internal controls.
- Manage cash flow planning process.
- Analyze impacts of legal or regulatory changes.
- Implement, and communicate organizational policies and programs.
- Develop and implement new procedures and features to continuously improve the workflow of the accounting department.
- Ensure timely and successful yearly audits.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Execute and oversee to ensure compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filing.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication
- Comfortable presenting in person and via WebEx
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment and handle multiple tasks concurrently with minimum defects
- Ability to bring structure to complex environments
- Proficiency in Great Plaines preferred
- Proficiency in Quick Books preferred (IVC, OESN, Lancer, Transportation)
- Proficient in Spanish preferred
This position manages all employees in Accounting and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel is local and international. Overnight travel is expected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Desired Education & Experience
- BS/BA in Finance/Accounting
- CPA Designation is required
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in leadership positions within a fast-growing mid to senior level accounting position with managerial/supervisory experience
- Strong financial analysis skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.