Corporate (San Antonio, TX)
The Accountant will provide support in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting department. Responsibilities for this role include accessing financial records, analyzing data, finance reports, budgets, tax returns, and accounting records. Ideal candidates for this position should be self-motivated and possess business acumen, strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to efficiently manage deadlines.
- Process Semimonthly Payroll using ADP
- Process Purchase Order supported Accounts Payable
- Act as Back-up for Shelter Invoices input to GP
- Purchase Order Accrual Management
- Month End Reconciliation and Review for Payroll, Accounts Payable and other General Ledger Accounts
- Assist with Budgeting and Forecasting
- Employee Credit Card Transaction Auditing
- Employee Expense Account Auditing
- Frost Bank wire Transfer Transaction Initiation and Approval
- Fixed Asset Accounting
- Assist with Year-end and other Audits
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Contract Review (Revenue, Leases, etc.)
- Translation of Spanish documents as needed.
- Progressive growth within the department.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Financial Management.
- Performance Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Contract Knowledge
- Inventory Knowledge
- Time Management
- Process Management
- GL Account Analysis
There is no supervisory responsibility in this role.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to answer and talk on the phone displaying professionalism at all times. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience, plus 5 years of accounting experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.